Four Sales Behaviors That Tech Buyers Say Break (or make) Deals
Why Selling Skills Still Matter
We recently asked the Emissary human intelligence network of Fortune 1000 technology buyers to reflect on their most recent technology purchase of $250,000 or greater. In 22 percent of these deals, they reported that the decision was easy, because the winning solution was “ideal for their needs” and far superior to competitive options. The rest of the time (78 percent of purchases), the decision was a close one, influenced by a range of factors controlled by the seller. The best sellers earn more than their fair share of these neck-and-neck contests.
So what do buyers want to see from their sellers that earns them the business? A lot of things! Buyers in our studies want, and expect, rich conversations, advice and expertise, and partnerships. And generally speaking, they don’t perceive that they are getting them.